Thursday 31 December 2020

Welcome to the New You - MIE21

Is 2021 going to be any good? I think the census us 50-50, some say we're going to the dogs, some say this is a moment of great potential for change.

I say that it is up to you. 

Here in the UK, if it isn't Covid it's Brexit, and both are shit.  Any news channel you watch, BBC, Sky, ITV even Twitter, the daily briefs are gloom and crap and dark and even more crap. It makes you want to roll up in a duvet and disappear for the remaining years. But is it the reality? I mean, how many times have they said it's going to rain and it never comes to your door?

National events may trouble us in some form, but certainly not in the way depicted by the fear-mongers of national news. Last week we were warned of a food shortage and empty shelves because trucks were stuck at Dover, I went to my local supermarket and it was full, brimming with food and anything you should want to eat for Christmas. That's not to say that some shelves were not empty somewhere, it just wasn't on the scale that we were being informed about. It could have been one shop in the whole UK for all I know! 

So what I am driving to is, regardless of all the shit in the world, your world depends solely on you and what you make of it. You might catch Covid, you might not; you might lose customers due to Brexit, you might not. All you are going to hear about is the people that are affected, not the ones getting on with it. However, if you make something remarkable out of a desperate situation, then they'll tag you on as a nice story to end the evening with. 

It is all about you. So here we are on the cusp of the a new year for a new decade and while 2020 was not great, we got through it; we survived and lived to make a difference in 21. This is your moment to make a stand, shine bright, be bold, get large, shout out, bang on doors and challenge the status quo. Because one lesson we have learnt, and this is most likely in most countries, is that the old way of thinking no longer works. We need something new and something collective. Boris Johnson, Donald Trump, and others have failed in their weak and aged way of dealing with a national crisis, a world pandemic that should and could have united us all against one common cause. Instead they have ensured we are divided to suit their vision of the world. 

That world is dying, we all know that really, and they are in denial. 21 is going to make that different. Covid won't magically disappear in 21, neither will Brexit sort itself; new ways of thinking will do that. The USA, Europe and UK are wheezing old men fighting for relevance, too old and way too tired. Time for new blood.

And that's where you can step in. 

Whatever you are, wherever you are and whoever you are, by changing how you approach the world will begin to change your world. It takes many people and it takes momentum, but once it begins to happen it is impossible to stop. You can breathe new life into your goals, your ambitions and dreams. You can swipe away at the negative news that filters in and begin the day with a positive mindset. I stopped watching the news over Christmas, and guess what, when I returned, nothing had changed, so why should I watch that bullshit daily? It's fucking depressing!

New you = new mindset = new reality. It is quite simple. When you have bad days just ride it and let it float. Don't try to break it or fight it, put a project on hold and do something kind for yourself or for someone you love. Be kind and be true to what lies in your heart, even when the darkness sweeps in and envelops you with a cloud. It will drift away if you pay it little attention. Have some patience with yourself because you won't be firing every day. Understand that some days will be a bit bleugh! Let them go. 

New you. 2021 is time for us all to step forward. We are creative and beautiful and we have something to offer this world in whatever way we are meant to share it. Take the pressure off, success for a writer is a reader, success for a musician is a listener. Believe in yourself and be patient and kind with yourself.

Changing the world is about changing your world. Nothing else matters at all. 

This link takes you to my landing page which introduces you to my online Imagination Experience. For now you click and buy pdf courses, and this will expand into a show and more courses. Join me, all you need to do is sign up to the email and start to get email updates from me. I promise, no spam and no forwarding your details to other parties. I promote confidence, imagination and focus, join my MI Revolution.

The following are links to my books, these are affiliated and I will get a small financial benefit for a click. 

 

 My most recent book is The Self-Harming Pacifist, which details my struggle with depression, suicidal thoughts and, as the title suggests, self-harm. I struggled to fit in to this world, in to society. But I am still here because I realised it is not about me fitting in, it is about creating my own world. I am not super-happy, who is? But I am alive, and that is what matters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Benefits of Being Mad - MIE

  Along with existence I received a way of existing, or a style. All my actions and thoughts are related to this structure, even a philosoph...