Thursday 7 January 2021

Once Upon a Time on the Outside, Looking In - MIE

 An Introduction

My name is Zac, I am on the outside looking in.


Time is not real. I know that this time of the year most of us are encouraged to renew, make changes, adapt to new habits; lose weight, get a new job or find a life partner. Pressures that we put on ourselves traditionally in January as a new year sets in.

But time isn't real. A new year starts because someone decided on a calendar, it really is just another day in your life. it makes no difference if you decide to diet on January 1st or April 1st, the difference is you deciding to do something. New Year Resolutions form our way to trick our psyche into thinking this is a good time for a fresh start. 

It's good; it's positive and it reminds you that you are a very powerful person. Until you give up. That is the danger. Once you give up and feel crap you look out at the grey sky and the cold weather and all you want to do is crawl into a ball and remind yourself how unfit you are and how you cannot control anything that you want to do.

So that's bad. We find ways to punish ourselves for the things we cannot do. We look at all our faults and problems and see the year ahead as long and perilous journey. Life not worth living.

That's really bad.

So before you add all that pressure on yourself and look out at the bleak winter and feel crap I want to remind you that there is no time. You can change any day of the week that you like because in the great scheme of things there is no day and there is no week. There is your life, and the lives of those that you love. What more do you want? Yes, you may wish to give up the booze, so do it, and if you have a day when you don't then move on from that. There is always another day because it is another part of your life. 

You want to change jobs, that takes patience and you will need to wait while doing work in the background. Same with starting a new project or business. Take the steps, enjoy the journey and don't think or worry about time. 

Time is not real. 

Enjoy the chapters of your life.


Click RIGHT HERE to subscribe to my emotion revolution, asking us to alter how we deal with anxiety and depression. This is linked to my book and should've been a show in 2020. If you join me you will get updates on progress and ideas as I try to change how society approaches mental health. It's all imagination and focus. Join me.

I had a wonderful connection to the universe just today and a problem that has been sticking to me for over a year came to a sudden and wonderful realisation. What was the problem?

Well, I finished writing a book back in 2019 and I really liked it, in fact, I loved it. It is the story of a reluctant hero forced into a quest to save the world and realise the power that lies within him and in all of us. Along the way he is helped by old friends, new friends, gods and people of history, people like Charlie Chaplin and even Captain Kirk. He fights demons in a shopping mall and the mad egocentric businessman who wants to rule the world at the top of The Shard in London. I loved writing it; the story took me over a year to complete and I felt sad when it was over. I felt certain that this was The One. I knew in my heart that if I could get this to an agent and a publisher that an audience would love it. 

Great, but what was the problem?

I had no idea what to call it. I had written this story and any title I came up with didn't seem right. Nothing fit with it. It was a wild and imaginative story that Willy Wonka would have loved and I had no idea what to call the thing.

I put it away; I left it in a drawer and wrote other stuff. I released Spiked Imagination and The Self-Harming Pacifist and did not think about it. But then-

I woke this morning, 6th Jan, with a title as clear as day. I wrote it down and mused on it, it fit. I sat with it and meditated on it and it all seemed to be clear. I saw a path with a title and a book. I had received a literary miracle. What is quite wonderful is that this happened while I'm writing another book which, of course, I'm sure is the one and will connect with audiences and be published but is entirely different to the one I had written that time ago. 

The universe is a strange and amazing place if you believe that there is that power. In essence, I took away time, released pressure; let my subconscious work on it in it's own way. There is always an answer, our lesson is to be patient. 

What is the title I hear you scream at me!



The following links are affiliated to Amazon and if you click I will get a small reward. No pressure to buy, just take a look.


4 comments:

Benefits of Being Mad - MIE

  Along with existence I received a way of existing, or a style. All my actions and thoughts are related to this structure, even a philosoph...