Tuesday 14 April 2020

Mindfulness & Imagination Pt. 2

These are strange times, unique times, and there a many of us feeling the mental strain on lockdown.

To begin with I enjoyed it; I am what would be called an introverted extrovert, in that when I am placed in a situation I can revel in the attention, yet I do not seek it out. I am very happy taking a back seat and watching others control the room. A natural introvert seeks only the company of self, and I had lots of projects that I wanted to get off the ground; I wanted to start an online shop, which I have nearly completed and can be found here:

Empire Raiders of the Future Busters

I also wanted to further develop my project for presenting the benefits of mindfulness and the power of your imaginations. About 2 years ago I was encouraged to write a workshop, the performer in me made that into more of a show with songs and interaction and humour. Now I have developed what I call a fair. I want to take this around the country and open up about the power within us, and how using mindful techniques can help you realise your dreams, goals, ambitions; or to just accept the you that you want to be.

So I made a video, and when all this is over, I will be approaching schools and businesses to come to the fair.

Please enjoy and if you need any help, please get in touch.



Finally, I would like to share with you a song which I feel is about depression, anxiety and mental health. It is by Peter Gabriel, Sledgehammer. An imaginative video and a powerful message.

Please stay safe and well. We can be kind to each other if we choose to do that. This world can be a better place if we look at it from the perspective of love.


Zac Thraves is a writer, performer and mindfulness practitioner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Benefits of Being Mad - MIE

  Along with existence I received a way of existing, or a style. All my actions and thoughts are related to this structure, even a philosoph...